The course has many features to help students understand these concepts:
- Rich multimedia content, including interactive activities, videos, games, and quizzes, addresses a variety of learning styles and help stimulate learning and increase knowledge retention
- Virtual environments simulate real-world cyber security threat scenarios and create opportunities for ethical hacking, security monitoring, analysis and resolution
- Hands-on labs help students develop critical thinking and complex problem solving skills
- Innovative assessments provide immediate feedback to support the evaluation of knowledge and acquired skills
- Technical concepts are explained using language that works well for learners at all levels and embedded interactive activities break up reading of the content and help reinforce understanding
- The curriculum encourages students to consider additional IT education, but also emphasises applied skills and hands-on experience
- Cisco Packet Tracer activities are designed for use with Packet Tracer 7.0 or later.
CCNA Cybersecurity Operations is a hands-on, delivered on a blended learning approach. It is a career-oriented course with an emphasis on practical experience to help students develop specialised skills to successfully handle the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of an associate-level Security Analyst working in a Security Operations Centre (SOC).
The course comprises of the following components:
- 13 chapters of interactive content
- quizzes, and chapter exams
- Labs, and hands-on labs using virtual machine environment (PC required, no other equipment required)
- Cisco® Packet Tracer activities (PT 7.0)
- Certification practice exams, practice final, final exam and skills-based assessment
Delivery Format: Blended Learning using a combination of technology to offer both in-class and out-of-class learning experiences. This means that students can benefit from doing part of their learning online via our virtual classroom environment, and the other part through face to face with an instructor in one of our centres.
Duration: 6 months