What You Will Learn
For students seeking career-oriented, entry-level hardware and software skills to prepare for technical support roles, this course aligns with the CompTIA A+ certification. This course also serves as a foundation for CCNA-level courses. There are fourteen chapters as follows:
- Introduction to Personal Computer Hardware
- PC Assembly
- Advanced Computer Hardware
- Preventive Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Networking Concepts
- Applied Networking
- Laptops and other Mobile Devices
- Virtualisation and Cloud Computing
- Windows Installation
- Windows Configuration
- Mobile, Linux, and OS X Operating Systems
- The IT Professional
Certification and Careers
ITE 6.0 curriculum prepares students for the CompTIA A+ certification exams 220-901 and 220-902.
CompTIA A+ 220-901 covers the fundamentals of computer technology, installation and configuration of PCs, laptops and related hardware, and basic networking.
CompTIA A+ 220-902 covers the skills required to install and configure PC operating systems, as well as configuring common features such as network connectivity and email for Android and Apple iOS mobile operating systems.
This course comprises of:
- 14 chapters
- 83 hands-on labs and 128 interactive activities
- 75 videos
- 6 Cisco Packet Tracer activities
- 2 checkpoint exam,
- 2 skills review exams,
- 2 practice final exams,
- 3 final exams, 2 skills-based assessment, and 7 practice exams for CompTIA A+ certification
1. Introduction to Personal Computer Hardware
Select the appropriate computer components to build, repair, or upgrade personal computers.
2. PC Assembly
Install components to build, repair, or upgrade personal computers.
3. Advanced Computer Hardware
Install and configure components to upgrade a computer.
4. Preventive Maintenance and Troubleshooting
Perform Troubleshooting on personal computers.
5. Networking Concepts
Explain how computers communicate on a network.
6. Applied Networking
Configure devices to communicate on a network
7. Laptops and Other Mobile Devices
Explain how to troubleshoot Laptops and other Mobile Devices.
Install a printer to meet requirements.
9. Virtualization and Cloud Computing
Describe virtualization and cloud computing
10. Windows Installation
Install Windows operating systems
11. Windows Configuration
Perform management and maintenance of Windows operating systems.
12. Mobile, Linux, and OSX Operating Systems
Explain how to configure, secure, and troubleshoot mobile, Mac, and Linux operating systems.]
Implement basic host, data, and network security.
14. The IT Professional
Explain the roles and responsibilities of the IT Professional.